Installing the Stand-alone version
There are several basic steps to installing the Stand-alone version of
OLI Pro. The software package is actually two separate installation files you will need to download both of these packages.
- The first is to download the software from the
OLI downloads website. You will need a serial number provided
by OLI to download this software. When entering this serial number you should see a webpage similar to this:
You must download both programs.
- Unzip and install the software OLI Pro software.
- When starting the installation you will be prompted for the type
- OLI will also send you an activation key (an alpha-numeric code)
which will allow the OLI Pro software to start. You need to enter
this code during the installation process so do not begin until you
receive this code. It is difficult to re-activate the code after you
install the program.
- Enter the OLI supplied code
- During this process OLI will create a file called the License.Hostid
file which is unique to your computer. This file is usually automatically
E-mailed to OLI. Sometimes this step fails (the E-mail portion)
so you need to manually generate this file. See "How
to manually generate the license file"
- OLI will then send back a license file (with a ULM extension)
file to you as an E-mail attachment. This is not an automatic process
and may be delayed due to holidays and non-work days.
- Copy the attachment to your desktop and then double-click
the file. This automatically activates the OLI Pro code and you may
now run the program.
- Next you will have to install the OLI Engine for OLI Pro. This is a very simple installation and you will need the serial number you used to download the software.
Return to top
Installing the Network version
The steps for installing the network version are somewhat different
from the stand-alone version.
- Download the OLI
Pro Network License Manager on to the computer you plan on using
as a server. This is a compressed file (ZIP) which you need to unzip
and then run the setup.exe file
- You will need to manually create the License.Hostid file. See "How
to manually generate the OLI Pro License file" for instructions
on how to do this step.
- OLI wall then send back a license file (with a ULM extension) file
to you as an E-mail attachment. This is not an automatic process and
may be delayed due to holidays and non-work days.
- Copy the attachment to the server desktop and then double-click
the file. This automatically activates the OLI Pro License Manager
code and you may now run the program.
- Obtain a Download Serial Number from OLI and download the OLI Pro
code from the OLI
- Unzip and install the software. You will be prompted for the type
- Click the next button and enter the name of your server:
- Click the Add button to add the server
name (in our example, ENFORCER) to the list of servers to be searched.
- Click the Finish button to complete
Return to top
to manually generate the OLI Pro license File
The normal installation of OLI Pro normally asks the user for an
activation code at the end of the installation. The user enters this
code and the ULM configuration wizard automatically launches and creates
a file with the name “license.hostid” and then Emails this file to
Some user installations prohibit any automatic Emails from being
sent. Follow this
procedure, which allows a user to manually create the license.hostid
file and then send an Email attachment to OLI.